Good morning, and happy Monday! It seems that May and June I have had the most productive weekends. I don’t mind one bit. Would you rather be busy with housework during the week or the weekend? We have a lot of extracurricular activities and volunteer work that I just can’t seem to make time during the week.
It’s another busy week. I’m not volunteering, but I have two doctor appointments, a dental appointment, a hair appointment (why do they take forever?!), Sterling has two, two-hour recital practices, and a picnic with her friends. Xander’s in his last week of school so he’ll be enjoying fun activities such as water play.
Last week’s challenge involved organizing the laundry room, coat closet, linen closets, bills and paperwork, digital data, and sorting photographs. Let’s see how I did…
Up first was one area that was in desperate need. The kids’ shoes. Sterling has way too many shoes. I’m not sure how we’ve accumulated so many 😉 Most of them were too small, but, she wasn’t willing to depart with them. I finally convinced her some other little girl would like some of them and some (like their “camp” shoes) went to the trash.
Much better! Xander also received his new Native’s in the mail so we added them to his bucket on Friday. If you don’t have native’s for your kids, you need them. They are life changers. We’ve worn them for three years now and just love them!
The laundry room in the house is like a multi-purpose room. So, it stays tidy most of the time. On this day, I worked on 7 loads of laundry. Seven 🙁
All of the laundries done with the exception of a few pieces still drying. The space was tidied back up and baskets are empty.
I worked in my address book. I used pencil this time to write in everyone’s addresses. Smart, I must say so myself. Now when people move, I can just erase and write their new address.
The little corner in the office was finished too. I threw out my syllabus’, keep my books, and keep all my VA paperwork in my master’s program bin. The picture of the drawer below was a mess! It was overstuffed with envelopes, note cards, and picture paper. I can actually see what I have now!
Organizing digital data is a nightmare. I need to come up with a plan-of-attack and then try again. I’m planning to work on it next week.
The linen and coat closets were done earlier in the week. They didn’t need much done because I just did them in March, but they had a good tidy up done.
I’ve been working on bills and paperwork for the past two weeks. It’s finally done!
I ended up getting rid of two garbage bags of stuff this week. It amazes me how much I’m able to get rid of. Stuff that we never use. Half used. Has missing pieces. Or broken. No more holding on to stuff!